Lady Antebellum is on the way up

|

Lady Antebellum says they are so busy these days they almost are oblivious to their rising popularity. In fact, they don't seem sure it's growing at all."It takes a long time for people to connect the dots," Charles Kelley said. "Sometimes something will happen and we will be able to tell a difference. People notice a little more every day. But we still have a long way to go."

He said this about two hours before Lady A won vocal group and single of the year awards at Wednesday's CMA Awards.

"Both of them took us by surprise," Hillary Scott said. "The three of us have dreamed about this our entire lives."

Each person plays an integral part of the group, they say, labeling Dave Haywood the brains, Charles Kelley the go-getter and Hillary Scott the heart.

"We would run this thing off the tracks if it wasn't for her," Kelley said.

While the band is ecstatic about the awards, it's a sure bet today that they're engrossed in finishing their new CD, which is due out in January. The debut single "Need You Now" is already top 5 on Billboard's country songs chart.

"We like to think our songwriting got better," Kelley said of the new CD. "We got to write with some of the biggest best songwriters in Nashville. We want people to go through ups and downs on our record."

— CINDY WATTS

Ingram's red-carpet run-in

Jack Ingram said his hands were still shaking after his meeting with Kris Kristofferson on the CMA red carpet.

"There's not a lot of guys that I react to like that," Ingram said. "If I really think about what Kristofferson has meant to me, I would tear up. He's why I'm in this business. That's not true. He's why I make music. I love the guy."

Tonight, however, is Ingram's big night in Nashville. He is playing the Ryman Auditorium with Gary Allan and the Eli Young Band. "It's going to be great," he said. "I've never played on that stage with my band behind me before with my fans in the audience. I'm looking forward to it."

Source-tennessean

0 comments:

Post a Comment